If you are interested in helping here are some ways:
• Sign up and become a friend!
You will receive newsletters 1-2 times a year about the progress being made at St. Francis Health Care Services, fundraising initiatives, and volunteer opportunities.
Send your name and email (address and phone optional) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
•Volunteer with our US affiliate – Nile AIDS Project!–website, fundraising, etc…
• Volunteer at St. Francis in Uganda! – Click here for volunteer guidelines Volunteers Guide
Our volunteer program is for people aged 17 years and over, who are keen to see and experience more of the world in a very personal and direct way. The intention is to give participants an opportunity to live and work in a Ugandan community, get to know the culture and the people, gain an understanding of what it is to live in a developing country, have an opportunity to make a difference.
Typically, our volunteers come through one of several volunteer placement agencies such as Foundation for Sustainable Development, Volunteer Services Overseas (VSO), United States Peace Corps, The Great Generation, Great Expeditions, and many others. Volunteers coming to volunteer independently are also welcome.
Volunteer opportunities vary depending on the skills and motivation of the volunteer, but here are some examples of what volunteers have done in the past as well as ongoing projects:
1. Socio-economic support and livelihood programss
- Helping people living with HIV/AIDS and elderly people to learn new economically friendly life skills
- Helping people living with HIV/AIDS and elderly people to utilize their available resources for increased profit
- Education and sensitization of people living with HIV/AIDS and elderly people on healthy living habits for reduction and prevention of non-communicable illnesses
2. Child health and welfare
- Development of effective child welfare monitoring tools.
- Improving play therapy skills and procurement of new play equipment for the children
3. Environmental protection and community welfare
- Research and education on issues related to environmental protection
- Mobilization and Facilitation of people living with HIV/AIDS and elderly people with economically productive life skills for preservation of the environment
Please send inquiries on volunteering to: email@example.com